29 August 2011

Hurricane

This was an exciting weekend.

Hurricane Irene terrorized the entire east coast and everyone was in a panic. Living in southern New Jersey made it quite interesting. People in this area tend to be ill prepared for natural disasters and when one comes knocking on the door, everyone panics.

The stores were packed with people stocking up on batteries, flashlights and junk food. Honestly, I am amazed at the number of people that did not have flashlights. Doesn't everyone have at least one?

My preparation included moving my art and supplies to higher ground. I would have been devastated if the works in progress I have were suddenly soaked in a flood. Luckily, my house is still standing and nothing bad happened. In fact, the crawl space didn't even flood, which it usually does in heavy rain.

So here I am on a cool sunny Monday. I worked a bit on some writing assignments. Took the kids to the store and played outside. Tonight I hope to get some pictures online of some of my work and will be updating accordingly.

Also keep an eye on my Etsy Store for new listings and a special sale. I plan to have that done by the end of the week.

No comments: