03 August 2011

Great Picks - Goodwill Pick Update

Last week I told you about a great couple of picks from the Goodwill store. It just so happens that the auctions have just ended and here is what has come of them.

The sparring gear was purchased for $5. Less than 24 hours after listing it on eBay with a starting bid of $10, I get a message from a guy asking if I will end the auction now for $25 plus shipping. By this time the auction already had 3 watchers. I decided to let it ride and see what came up. By the end of the auction there were 26 watchers and over 200 views. The bidding was up to $36 with less than 5 minutes to go and just as it ended the final bid jumped to $55.

Very nice!

I spent $4 on the Winnie the Pooh lamp. This auction did not have as much action as the sparring gear, but did attract 8 watchers and over 100 views. I started the bidding on this one at $10 and the final price ended up being $18.50

So the five minutes I spent looking around the Goodwill store cost me a total of $9. That turned into $73.50 plus shipping. That is a great profit and well worth the little time invested.

So keep your eyes open. I did not plan to go to the Goodwill store that day, but I was close and there it was. Always be ready to spend a little cash in order to make more!

No comments: