16 July 2011

Great Pics - Light Painting



I love light painting with my camera. This picture you see was never touched with Photoshop or any image editing at all. This was done with only the camera and a blue light in a dark room.

For this picture I made the aperture as small as possible to let in very little light and set the shutter speed to bulb mode. That means I push the button to start the exposure and push it again to end it. I used a remote for that. 

When the exposure started I used a blue light to trace my door and my son's chair. Then I ended the exposure and this is the result. I love it. (Obviously my water mark does not appear on the actual picture.)

The only thing I would change, and I can re do this shot anytime as long as it is dark, is that I would add more items with the light. Perhaps create a crowded room. I may need to do that yet.

No comments: