24 October 2011

My Mind Works Like YouTube

Have you ever clicked a link to a YouTube video and after watching the video clicked on one of the recommended videos? After watching that video you click on another recommended video. Before long you will be watching a video that is nowhere near the same as the first video you watched.


That is how my thought process works. My mind is like YouTube.


Yesterday I was out for a run and I started thinking about the Disney Marathon which I will be running in January. That thought led to making a shirt to tell people I am running 26.2 miles in Disney World. I am vain like that. That thought led to the idea of selling T-shirts to help pay for my flight down there, which led to the thought of donating a majority of the money raised to a favorite charity. I am vain, not selfish. Those thoughts led to the idea of making running inspired T-shirts. Not an original idea, but a popular one. That thought quickly grew into an idea for a T-shirt empire.


A thought process like that could go on forever.


I think that many people have a similar thought process. Especially when it comes to the creative process. One idea starts as a seed and before you know it you have a forest that needs to be trimmed back and groomed to get a nice looking property to live on. Or sell.


Speaking of running… Check out the run report for the Run For Your Lives Zombie 5K I did this weekend.

No comments: